Frank W. Olander practices in the areas of complex commercial, real estate, bankruptcy and securities litigation in federal and state courts and a variety of alternative dispute resolution venues, including AAA and JAMS arbitrations. Frank has represented public companies, private companies, individuals and financial services industry clients, including financial institutions, hedge funds and private equity funds in a wide range of commercial disputes involving claims for breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and fraudulent transfer. Frank regularly represents lenders, owners/operators and investors in commercial real estate disputes. He also advises clients in the areas of shareholder activist litigation, M&A litigation and corporate control disputes.
Frank’s recent representations include:
- Ruane, Cunniff and Goldfarb in numerous federal court and arbitration proceedings in New York and Missouri alleging breach of fiduciary duty under ERISA.
- Black Diamond Capital Management and Spectrum Investment Partners in disputes relating to the bankruptcy of Allied Systems Holdings Inc. in state and federal courts in New York and Delaware.
- Investment fund and other shareholder defendants in fraudulent transfer litigation relating to the bankruptcies of Tribune Media Company, Lyondell Chemical Company and Boston Generating LLC.
- Mack Real Estate Group in various disputes concerning numerous commercial real estate properties.
- GEMS Americas in litigation concerning a build-to-suit lease for a school location in New York City.
- Investment fund in disputes involving bankruptcy proceedings of a portfolio company in the District of Delaware.
“3rd Circ. Says Pa. Judge Erred in Appointing Bank Custodian,” Law360, July 7, 2022 (featured)
- New York County Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association