Peter G. Naismith advises hedge funds, private equity funds, hybrid funds and investment advisers in connection with their structuring, formation and ongoing operational needs, as well as on certain regulatory and compliance matters. He represents a wide variety of institutional and entrepreneurial fund sponsors and asset managers. In addition, he represents institutional and high net worth investors in connection with commingled fund, “fund of one,” managed account and seed investments. He also has extensive experience advising on mergers and acquisitions, including a range of complex, high-value public and private transactions across a number of industry sectors.
Prior to joining SRZ, Peter served as in-house counsel at a privately held investment firm, where he focused on fund formation, hedge fund and private equity fund seeding and family office matters. His broad expertise includes roles with firms based in New York, London and Adelaide, Australia. Peter received his LL.M., magna cum laude, from Duke University School of Law, his LL.M. (commercial), with honors, from The University of Melbourne, his Graduate Certificate in Legal Practice from The University of South Australia and his LL.B., with first class honors, from The Flinders University of South Australia.
- Advises managers of hedge, private equity and hybrid funds regarding structure, formation, marketing and ongoing operational issues and transactional matters across a broad range of asset classes.
- Structures and negotiates commingled products, managed accounts and “funds of one,” and negotiates commingled fund, seed, joint venture and strategic investments on behalf of both managers and investors.
- Advises managers regarding carry-sharing arrangements and other incentive compensation systems.
- Advises managers and investors with respect to regulatory and compliance issues, including general securities law matters.
“Private Funds — Market Trends Report,” SRZ Publication, May 13, 2020
“Private Funds — Ideas for Raising New Capital During the COVID-19 Dislocation,” SRZ Publication, March 26, 2020; republished in The Hedge Fund Journal, May 2020
“Private Funds Guidance — Considerations During Volatile Markets for Hedge Funds and Credit, Direct Lending and Distressed Funds (COVID-19),” SRZ Publication, March 16, 2020
“COVID-19 and Volatile Markets — Considerations for Hedge Funds and Credit, Direct Lending and Distressed Funds,” SRZ Alert, March 16, 2020
“Private Equity Sponsors — Considerations for Private Equity Sponsors related to the Effects of COVID-19,” SRZ Alert, March 16, 2020
“Developments in Private Equity Funds” and “FAQ Secondary Tender Offers,” SRZ 29th Annual Private Investment Funds Seminar, New York, January 2020
- Reservoir Capital Group, 2011-2016
- Sullivan & Cromwell, 2006-2011
- Cowell Clarke, 2003-2006
- Finlaysons, 1997-1999, 2001-2003
- Clifford Chance, 1999-2000