Peter G. Naismith focuses his practice on advising hedge funds, private equity funds, hybrid funds and investment advisers in connection with their structuring, formation and ongoing operational needs, as well as on regulatory and compliance matters. He represents a wide variety of institutional and entrepreneurial fund sponsors and asset managers. He also has extensive experience advising on mergers and acquisitions, including a range of complex, high-value public and private transactions across a number of industry sectors. Prior to joining SRZ, Peter served as in-house counsel at a privately held investment firm, where he focused on fund formation, hedge fund and private equity fund seeding and family office matters. Peter’s broad expertise includes roles with firms based in New York, London and Adelaide.
- Advises managers of hedge, private equity and hybrid funds regarding structure, formation, ongoing operational issues and transactional matters across a broad range of asset classes.
- Structures and negotiates managed account and “fund of one,” seed, joint venture and strategic investments.
- Advises managers regarding carry-sharing arrangements and other incentive compensation systems.
- Advises investment managers with respect to regulatory and compliance issues, including general securities law matters.
- Reservoir Capital Group, 2011-2016
- Sullivan & Cromwell, 2006-2011
- Cowell Clarke, 2003-2006
- Finlaysons, 1997-1999, 2001-2003
- Clifford Chance, 1999-2000